Sunday, October 4, 2009

One Week To Go!!!

This week I did a nice Tan run at lunch time, which I haven’t done in ages.  I was a bit unsure how my calf would pull up… its been sore all week.  I did a long warm up walk to start with, and started of with a slow jog before getting to the Tan and having a bit of a stretch.  Then I set my watch and started running.  About half way around I started thinking how I was going at a pretty good pace… and when I crossed the finish line, I stopped my watch looked down… and … nothing! My watch was dead!  Crap!  So I walked around for about 10 seconds trying to get my breath back and then looked at my watch again and it was going again, and the time was still ticking over! I quickly pressed stop, and it said 17: 41… and my pb is 17:30! So I was very close to a pb.  Not bad considering I haven’t done any speed work for ages.  Probably shouldn’t have gone so hard with a sore calf though…

Saturday morning we did our last ‘long’ run… just a nice 9km run around Eynesbury.  It was nice to go back to somewhere we started our really long runs (1st time we ran more than a half marathon, back in July).  We took it easy, had a good time, but did have to watch out for those pesky swooping magpies!  -Don’t worry Carli, I’ll protect you :p

I think we are ready for anything now!!!

We finished the run with a stop in at the Eynesbury club house for a celebratory brunch. Nice!

This week I will be taking it easy, eating very healthy food (especially after pigging out at Sam’s birthday party), doing lots of stretching, getting a massage on Wednesday night, and icing my leg to make sure everything is in tip top shape.  I will start loading up on the calves during the week too!  Not hard for me to do though… I love my potato, rice and pasta!!!

And I must try very hard not to go racing for trains or trams, or running around with my boots on!

Here is a sneak peak at what we will be wearing during the race – a bit of a dress rehearsal for me to try out my new top.  Plus it will help anybody out who is going to go down and cheer us on… look at for a green top and black pants.

IMG_0318 

[Photo taken by Josh… oh and yes, I will be wearing shoes for the marathon!!!]

And here is what Carli will be wearing…[taken from our adventure run to the great unknown!]

IMG_0221

No comments:

Post a Comment