Thursday, December 3, 2009

Corporate Games 2009

Saturday 21st November was the Australian Corporate Games.  This year I entered the 5km running event.  Last year I did the 10km and managed to set a new pb of under 50 min.. but this year I wanted to focus on the shorter distance…especially since I haven’t done any distance since the marathon, and the Eureka stair climb was on the next day.

It was a humid morning for the race, which was one lap of Albert Park Lake.  I could see one girl in front of me, who was in 2nd place so I tried to keep with her.  I hardly even saw the girl who came first.  The 2nd place girl slowly started to get away from me, but luckily nobody else came to overtake me.

It was a hard race, and I ended up with a pb of 21:56.  There was a lot of motivating myself with talk like “if I can do a marathon I can do this”, and “think of all the stair training, must have helped heaps”, and just “keep going, its soon over!”.

Here is a photo from the medal presentation…IMG_0385

and here is the medal…

101_0218

No comments:

Post a Comment