Monday, July 13, 2009

Merimbula 9km

While in Merimbula for our little holiday, I picked a nice boardwalk out of the travel brochures for my first big run after the Half.



The actual boardwalk was only 3km return so I decided to run there and back as well. One thing that they can't really show on the map though... HILLS!!! First thing out of the holiday park is a sharp incline, followed by a very long decline. First I went past the fishing club jetty and Rotary Park. I saw some pelicans here, and got a nice shot of the sun lighting up the hills on the other side.


The boardwalk was great... though it didn't have any rails on the sides. I had to keep my mind on what I was doing to make sure I didn't wander to the side and end up in the water! I had to take a map too, to make sure I didn't get lost! lol.


There were a few boats on the lake. The water was very low, and so still. I saw a few other people going for walks or runs on the boardwalk. Later that night I brought the boys out for a walk while the sun set.


I really enjoyed getting to run with such beautiful scenary. My legs felt good, though I did walk up a few of the really steep hills! And I got to jump in the spa when I got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment