Monday, July 13, 2009

Run Melbourne - Half Marathon

On the 28th June I ran in the Run Melbourne Half Marathon. Our goal was to get under 2 hours. The start line was really well organised with a group of about 200 runners starting every 2 minutes. This meant that we didn't have to walk at all during the start. Runners World gave out pacing bands to wear around our wrists, next to our watch so we knew if we were on track to meet our target time.


Carli kept us on pace and we came through the finish line at 1:58!!!

I felt really good after the run, like I could run some more if I needed to.
The next day I spent sitting in the car driving to Merimbula for 12 hours.
Each stop I tried to stretch out my legs. On our first morning in Merimbula I went for a very short run along the beach. I didn't last long though, the sand was too soft, and the hard sand near the water edge was on too much of an angle. I went back to the road and did a loop back to the holiday park. My left hamstring was very sore, so I ended up stopping after only 2km.

No comments:

Post a Comment