Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Friday Sports Stadium Trail

For my Friday run I decided to do something a bit different, so instead of the usual Tan trail, I went down to Anderson st and turned left over the bridge.  We went that way with the Wednesday night group so it was good to see it during the daylight!  I got to see most of the Melbourne Sports stadiums in the one run.

Here is a photo of the construction of the new sports stadium in Melbourne..

IMG_0162

It doesn’t have a name yet, but Bubbledom seems like a good option!  According to Wikki, it is a rectangular sport field for soccer/rubgy.  It should be ready to use next year.  The outside will have LED lights all over it that can change colours!  Pretty!

Next I arrived at Melbourne Park and couldn’t resist taking a photo of this…

IMG_0164

As a reminder to the Pink concert that me and Kel went to a couple of months ago.  I can’t believe that her shows are still going!

Coming around the corner and somebody had parked their very strange car outside Rod Laver Arena…

IMG_0167

or it could be from the Monster truck show…

IMG_0168

Next I went around the MCG.  This brought back memories of the half marathon, and I got this photo of a very strange sculpture which I have had no luck finding any information about… I think it looks a bit like a praying mantis…

IMG_0169

All up it was a 6km run, 34:54 min, average pace – 5:50 min/km.

No comments:

Post a Comment