Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The world didn't want me to run today...

... but I did it anyway :)

Firstly I left my running gear on the train, and only realised when I was halfway up Collins St day dreaming about what I was going to do at lunch time... "I might go looking for a new pair of running shoes... hang on, I don't have my bag!". I quickly jumped on a tram and headed back to the train station. They took all my details and managed to track that train down (it was in the yard) and they found my bag! I was slightly freaking out when I calculated how much the contents of that bag was worth!

Wednesday night is the Melb Marathon training group night. So I had planned on doing that... but then Carli wasn't in the city so I really had to talk myself into going by myself.

I got changed after work and headed toward Southbank where the group meets. I ran across the bridge over the Yarra River and toward where I thought I should be going, but there was no street where I thought there should be... I kept running to the corner and turned left, and up to the next corner... nope, not there... kept running straight and found myself at the Art Centre! I don't know how I managed it, but I think I got an extra 2km in there!

We ran 8km with the group (yes I did eventually find them), along the Yarra up to Church st and back at a nice 6 min/km pace.

Which reminds me... I really should go and have a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment