Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wait for me!

That is what I was thinking on Wednesday night at running group!  Usually we are in the slow group which runs about 6 min/km.  I always feel like it is a bit too slow and I end up running up the front and sometimes getting in front of the run leader.

This time I thought I would give the Medium group a go.  They say they run 5:15 min/km.  Ideally I would like a 5:30 min/km group, but I thought I would give it a go.

Straight away I could tell we were going pretty fast, and I wasn’t sure if I would be able to keep up.  The whole time I was worried about being last and being left behind.

At one point we ran across from Rod Laver Arena to the MCG and there were a whole heap of people walking the other way toward the last Melbourne Pink concert.  A young girl yelled out ‘Go girl at the back!’ to me! smile_tongueThat kept me going for a while… just to try and not be the girl at the back!

I did make it to the end.  And was shocked to hear that we ran 9.4km at an average pace of 4:58 min/km! No wonder I was struggling to keep up! smile_omg

Back to the slow group for me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment